homestead - Re: [Homestead] used tractors

  • From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] used tractors
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 14:42:51 -0400

VAN DELL JORDAN wrote:

I have seen a couple of 8Ns in that price range, nothing else less
than $3500.00. my limited observations suggest that the best deal is
probably a Massy, but there is a dealer here so that might affect prices.

We have several dealers within a 20 mile radius, but the cheapest new
tractors are the Mahindras. Each dealer has a "used" lot, much like car
dealerships, but I generally have no clue as to what might work for me
and what is overkill for my needs. I too, have seen plenty of old Fords
under 2 grand.

Since I am deciding what tractor to buy. I would be interested in
suggestions about what to look for, what questions to ask, what
perameters for my search (is that an impressive phrase or what?...L)

Me, too, me, too!

Bev
--
Bevanron in NW Georgia EarthNSky Farm 34.498N 85.076W
SISU! (Finnish--There is no single word in English that encompasses