homestead - Re: [Homestead] More cuts to the soldiers pay

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More cuts to the soldiers pay
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 10:44:28 -0700

I'm sorry but you would be misinformed. I saw his equivalent of a pay stub, and they take out for meals, period. Eaten or not the amount is taken out each month!

Nothing backward thinking about seeing the evidence of what is being done. I've also asked active duty personnel and they verified what I SAW on his statements is what happens.

And, no one expected it to be mom's house. However, one would think that if they are capable of paying Halliburton BILLIONS to feed folks in places like Iraq then they could afford to pay a descent sum to provide a descent meal to the people you and others expect to save their butts.

For the record, try talking about the facts and not how you think other people are thinking. In other words, remember how assume is spelled!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "NVW55V" <r_s_banks AT yahoo.com>

Through personal experience over the past 30 years, I
am very familiar with the military and the way they do
things.

The concept of the military services "charging"
military personnel for meals, "whether consumed or
not", is incorrect and is an example of backwards
thinking.

Consider:

If a person lives on a base, then meals are provided
free of charge. No one is being forced to go eat in
the dining facility, but they always have the option
to do so during specified times. In this case, then
BAS is not payable, because meals are provided. If
someone decides they don't LIKE the food, then that's
their problem. The military isn't a five star hotel
or your mom's house, and no one should think that it
is.

If a person lives off base (for the convenience of the
Government, not the military member) or in married
housing on base, then BAS is payable, because it's
unreasonable to expect these people to eat in the
dining facility.

You seem to think that getting paid BAS is a right and
an entitlement no matter what. This is wrong. The
correct way to look at this is: "The military will
feed you. If they can't feed you, then they'll pay
you extra."