homestead - Re: [Homestead] More cuts to the soldiers pay

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More cuts to the soldiers pay
  • Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 17:08:46 -0500

It's all relative, you know. TJ's bootcamp roommate was very poor and had been living in a motel with his crack addicted parents. TJ said that kid ate not only his share of bootcamp slop, but everyone else's too.

Yes, it is all relative. When I was in Basic Training in late '54 the food was in fact so good and plentiful and the work was so easy that I gained fifteen pounds in those eight weeks. It was soft living for a skinny farm boy.

All the best and Semper Fi, Kirk!

From me, too. I disagreed, and still disagree, with the Iraq Invasion but I wish only the best for our people who serve everywhere.

Our military should have the best food and the best equipment we can provide. And those who have not served should simply follow the lead of those who have. If I were king, chickenhawks would be serving food to our service people in Iraq.