homestead - Re: [Homestead] Unbelievable story...laugh or cry

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Unbelievable story...laugh or cry
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 08:56:12 -0400

On 8/21/06, Chris Clarke <hstead AT nc.rr.com> wrote:

Of course, being a luddite today, I would prefer to grown my own...

(late to this thread, sorry about that)...Here's to
Luddite's--self-described and the real thing. What we can't or don't grow
ourselves, we'll buy from local farmers and local organic CSA's.

Part of my family was here visiting over the weekend, my brother came to my
home/farm for the first time. We had a brief conversation about purchasing
food. They always buy from the grocery store and don't garden. I mentioned
that they could join a CSA near where they live and/or support other local
farms. By the look on my brother's face, you could tell a) this was a new
idea that never occurred to him, and b) they never would because it would be
an inconvenience.

Lisa