homestead - Re: [Homestead] Unbelievable story...laugh or cry

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Unbelievable story...laugh or cry
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 12:19:56 -0500

I feel numbed by the fast pace of
technology right now, especially when it comes to GE uses and abuses and
nanotech uses and abuses. It's scary stuff to think of the
possibilities, and I just don't think we have taken the time to really
understand all the implications of what we are doing. Just my opinion....

I have complete confidence that our species will keep pushing the envelope until it tears. Perhaps it already has. If so, we haven't learned the lesson.