homestead - Re: [Homestead] Unbelievable story...laugh or cry

  • From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Unbelievable story...laugh or cry
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 17:49:37 -0400

It's almost incomprehensible. I was always interested in science as a
kid and we are doing things that were and are beyond my wildest
imagination, and believe me, I have a wild imagination! As a science
person, if I have trouble with all of this, the average Joe has no clue
as to what is really going on, and I suppose it's like they say that
ignorance is bliss. People will take the consumerist easy way out
whenever possible... I actually had someone say to me the other day,
why do you go to so much trouble (referring to me canning tomatoes and
salsa) when you can buy a can of tomatoes for 89 cents...some people
will just never understand.

Bev

Lynda wrote:

Let's see, fish antifreeze protein GM'd from yeast in ice cream and
they don't have to label it. This new virus and they don't have to
label it. Various new sprays for plants that are derived from things
that many folks are allergic to and they don't have to label it.
rBGH and dairies that don't use it aren't allowed to say so.
Ranchers aren't allowed to test for Mad Cow.

NAIS, PAWS, Real ID (national id regardless of what they call it),
and on and on and on.

~~sigh~~ I think I went to sleep and woke up in 1984!

Lynda ----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry"
<mmcharry AT gmail.com>

The idea of spraying viruses is insane. As Bev, I think it was,
points out what's to keep viruses that eat nasties off the meat
keep from cleaning out our guts?

I say irradiate it all and be done with it. With mass-produced food
that's probably the safest option.

Or, or, or.... get your food from sources that produce clean food.

Now there's a novel idea.