homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rubes peaches

  • From: clhw AT InfoAve.Net (clhw)
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rubes peaches
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 23:47:04 -0400

Not to be argumentive, Bev, or to belittle your accomplishment, Ray (and
congratulations to you, also), but how does anyone can in the south without
a summer kitchen which is air conditioned? I've canned thousands of jars in
my life and quit doing it because the heat and humidity made me sick. No
air conditioning here.

I also tried freezing, especially green beans and peas, which I like better
frozen than canned, and was equally affected by the sauna the kitchen
turned into.

How do you do it??