homestead - Re: [Homestead] Unbelievable story...laugh or cry

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Unbelievable story...laugh or cry
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 14:39:37 -0700

Let's see, fish antifreeze protein GM'd from yeast in ice cream and they don't have to label it. This new virus and they don't have to label it. Various new sprays for plants that are derived from things that many folks are allergic to and they don't have to label it. rBGH and dairies that don't use it aren't allowed to say so. Ranchers aren't allowed to test for Mad Cow.

NAIS, PAWS, Real ID (national id regardless of what they call it), and on and on and on.

~~sigh~~ I think I went to sleep and woke up in 1984!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

The idea of spraying viruses is insane. As Bev, I think it was, points
out what's to keep viruses that eat nasties off the meat keep from
cleaning out our guts?

I say irradiate it all and be done with it. With mass-produced food
that's probably the safest option.

Or, or, or.... get your food from sources that produce clean food.

Now there's a novel idea.