homestead - Re: [Homestead] Blurbs and other random thoughts

  • From: Viking <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Blurbs and other random thoughts
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 18:28:34 -0400

Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:

I've seen them used (by men, yet) for all kinds of things,

My Indiana grandma's all used sections of pantyhose to hold soap and
tied it in a loop to hang on the tub faucet handles.

Speaking of soap, you can use panty hose to 'polish' fresh soap if you
make it yourself, and I have used it to polish away the mold lines of
homemade candles, too.
You can use them to tie up tomatoes and other plants, for staking trees,
etc. You can fill them with onions or other bulbs to hang for winter
storage. I've also used them on the top of sprouting jars...lol..I
think the most unusual thing I have ever done with panty hose was to use
them in place of vet wrap to apply pressure to a goat's head where he
had been dehorned after a botched disbud left a wicked ugly scur. We
got home from the vet, and the wound opened up with an nasty arterial
spurting bleed. I grabbed a Kotex out of the first aid kit and some
panty hose out of the greenhouse and made it work. Poor Stormy...what a
sight he was!

Bev
--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W