homestead - Re: [Homestead] Blurbs and other random thoughts

  • From: Viking <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Blurbs and other random thoughts
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:56:21 -0400

Cool. Is she reinforcing the bottom at all to make the bag where it will stand up? What material is she using? One of the reasons I like paper bags is because they keep the groceries upright in the back of my truck.

Bev

Lynda wrote:

Bev wrote:

I always

choose paper bags at the store, and one of the reasons I don't shop at
Walmart very often is because they don't have paper bags. I hate those
plastic things. It all comes down to simple, everyday choices. One
day, I would like to sew my own bags and avoid the whole bag thing
altogether. I think I would use old jeans since denim is strong and old
jeans are pretty much in abundant supply around here. Maybe this winter,
I'll search for a pattern for a flat bottom grocery type bag with handles.

***The youngest kidlet's current thing is learning to sew. She's made some Log Cabin quilt pillows for everyone and now her latest project is making bags. She's adament that folks should be using plastic or paper bags and should bring their own. She's going to give them to relatives for Christmas. She took apart a brown paper grocery bag and used it as the pattern. Worked great. Plus, she even steamed in the lines like the grocery bags have so that you can fold them up like the grocery bags. Clever little bugger. Just wanted to make me look bad, I'm sure <g>