homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rabbit math

  • From: Bevanron <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rabbit math
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 23:34:32 -0400

Lynda wrote:

We took old sheet rock from some houses that were being torn down to line the backwall. The sheetrock keeps down the smell of the urine.

OOoo, I like this idea!
My cages hang right next to the open air chicken coop, so I just hung a
tarp behind the cages to keep the wind off the rabbits and to keep the
rabbits from peeing on the chickens. Since we are building a new coop,
the old coop will be dismantled and used for wood storage, and that
frees up that wall where the tarp is. Two years ago, I acquired a
pickup truck load of sheetrock off freecycle and that stuff has been
taking up room in the stall in the barn, doing nothing but sitting there
with mouse crap on it. Just last month, I told Ron that we should
probably re-freecycle the sheetrock as I was tired of looking at it
laying in the barn!<g> The gypsum I suppose neutralizes the acid in the
urine..brilliant-why didn't I think of that!!! Thanks for the idea,
Lynda! Urine neutralized, blocks wind, creates solid wall, uses what's
onhand and cleans up and frees up space, it's my kind of project.... :)

Bev

--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W