homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rabbit math

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rabbit math
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 18:16:18 -0700

We didn't buy cages, we bought a roll of the wire ($50), special pliers ($15) and a box of the clips ($6.00). We ran 2 x 4 scrap lumber rail on the back wall of a shed row which the back of the cage sits on. Nails where the top wire can of hooked over and then old baling wire to the front of the cage that ran up to the back wall. We then ran a line of black hose with lickits for watering and bought a bunch of the metal feeders in a bulk lot which came out to about $1.50 a piece.

The wire you can buy in a roll is the same that the commericially built cages are made of.

We took old sheet rock from some houses that were being torn down to line the backwall. The sheetrock keeps down the smell of the urine.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>