homestead - Re: [Homestead] Propane versus electric, Bev

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Propane versus electric, Bev
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:01:51 -0700

Interesting. Why can't you can on an electric stove? I'm a 3rd generation electric stove canner and don't have any problems at all, nor did Mommy Dearest or Gramma.

And while I *want* an induction stove, I've never owned one and have always had the old coil model. Although, my fav is an old 50s model that has a deepwell and a griddle.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "sjc" <indexer AT localnet.com>

And canning on an electric range just plain is a drag, if possible at
all. Always having to find the optimum size pan and number of jars that
would actually work........ugh. I never had an electric that was up to
that task (admittedly never had one of the superduper pooperscooper types.).

And one thing I still like about my oven with a pilot: it's a never-fail
place for making cheese and raising doughs, warming plates, whatever. It
turns making yogurt and other fermentations (daily tasks around here) into
routines are hasslefree.

Susan Jane, in Maine, who was sure glad to hear from Bev again! Welcome back!