homestead - Re: [Homestead] Propane versus electric, Bev

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Propane versus electric, Bev
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 23:05:15 -0700

Well, that's what I've been doing, dreaming that is. And putting pennies
away, literally <g> Just using a penny jar (where everyone dumps their
pocket pennies <g>) I've saved a few hundred dollars. The bank just loves
to see me coming with the penny rolls!

And now there are some drop-ins that run on 110, so that is my next
investigation for possible conversion of an existing stove. Noni had a
combo gas/wood in her winter kitchen and a combo electric/wood in her summer
kitchen. I'd like to have the summer kitchen stove to convert. The thing
is mammoth (over 45" across) but it has everything I want in a stove!

And I might as well dream big as long as I'm dreaming and at the wok unit <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bevanron" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>

LOL....nevermind...I've seen them before, just never knew what they were
called....
I always discounted them due to their expense, but after reading a bit
on the eartheasy site, it seems like a good deal, especially since I
could use all of my cookware.

Bev, now dreaming of induction stoves....

Bevanron wrote:

Lynda wrote:

And while I *want* an induction stove, I've never owned one and have
always
had the old coil model. Although, my fav is an old 50s model that has a
deepwell and a griddle.

What's an induction stove?

erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W