homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sparkplugs

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sparkplugs
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 17:14:20 -0800

At 1/29/2006, you wrote:
Thanks for your help and your suggestions. Have either of you, or others
on the list, used any of the high mileage oils that are now on the
market? If so, what is your opinion of the oil?

I do not think they will make much difference unless they are a heavier weight. I have 140.000 miles on my pickup and it is burning something less than one quart every 3000 miles. I use synthetic oil and have since about 5000 miles. The last 17,000 miles were pulling a 7700# trailer about half the time. I have an oil cooler to hook up but that is all I am going to do before heading out this year.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up
http://www.braingarage.com

My travel journal