homestead - Re: [Homestead] B. C.'s Latest Acheivements

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: Homestead mailing list digest <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] B. C.'s Latest Acheivements
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 13:27:54 -0700

This is what has always bothered me about Chinese trade, along all the rest of globalization. It's a question of burden of proof.

When a system is proposed to transition from one state (almost no trade with China) to another (unlimited one-sided trade with China), it rests upon those eager to make the change to demonstrate that it's a good thing. It's just that simple.

That's why it does no good, and even resembles evasion of the issue, to question an opposing opiner's mental competence, when the burden of proof still waits pendulously upon you, to tell us why it's such a great thing now that virtually everything comes from China.

B. C. will forever be remembered as the American president who traded American jobs (or at least risked them) to keep communism afloat, when so many of our military (whom he "loathes") worked so hard to crush it. Way to go!