homestead - Re: [Homestead] Backhoe advice

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Backhoe advice
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 15:57:31 -0500

Thanks, Warren. A quick look doesn't come up with anything. I'll look more later. I think a full-size backhoe will be needed for the work I envision: digging out a hillside for a building, ripping out trees, building a dam, trenching for water lines, digging a basement, lifting heavy timbers and other construction stuff. I had my cousin's backhoe available to me here for a year and like them for their versatility. More clumsy that a skidsteer but will do more heavy work.