homestead - Re: [Homestead] two americas

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] two americas
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 22:21:49 -0500

<<Gee Rob, you left out draughts, flash floods, sheet lightning, and
sand/dust
storms. Oh, and one that routinely causes major pile-ups on freeways, tulle

fog! Oops, ice storms, inversion layers that cause death causing humidity,
mud slides.>>

And tornadoes in the Midwest, one of which cut a swath just south of me a
mile or more wide a few years ago -- it wiped out houses and businesses. One
lumber company went out of business after its inventory was scattered over
several square miles (and it had really nice lumber -- I still mourn its
demise).

Really, there ain't no safe place on Earth. People in California who live
with threat of devastating earthquakes are freaked by lightening storms and
tornadoes in the Midwest, not to mention ice storms.

Earth has no guaranteed safe places.

Marie