homestead - Re: [Homestead] two americas

  • From: RayZentz AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] two americas
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 22:01:22 EDT

In a message dated 9/7/2005 10:06:28 P.M. Central Standard Time,
genegerue AT ruralize.com writes:

So, Ray, no pressure here, but exactly what perfect place have you chosen
as your home?

As Marie so aptly pointed out, there is no "perfect" place. However, the
place I currently live has risk factors that are (in my opinion, mind you)
relatively low. Is it my ideal place? No. At this stage in my life,
however, it fits the bill.

I do not languish in Eden, however. I have stockpiles of food, water and
other essentials, stored in ways that should protect from most potential
disasters. We, as a family, and extended family, have prepared, as best we
can,
contingency plans in case the worst happens (I have 15 brothers and sisters,
scattered all over the US). We spend much time planning for various things
that may occur, and defenses and reactions to them. Does this guarantee
anything? Of course not. However, we take responsibility for our
choices,
and accept the possible consequences for these choices. It's all I ask of
anyone.

Ray

PS. Incidentally, the "perfect" place changes, as stages of life differ.