homestead - Re: [Homestead] An article cheering the Supremes

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] An article cheering the Supremes
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 19:58:32 -0700

At 7/5/2005 04:26 PM, you wrote:

However, it all really boils down to the point that we will either be ruled
by man, or be ruled by law. If we choose the rule of law, which we should
since that is how our country is set up, then the highest law of the land
is the Constitution, completed with the Amendments.

Yes and where there is a question about the Constitution meant the final say is the Supreme Court. That IS the law.

When the government creates new law contradictory to the Constitution it is
treason.

That is NOT treason... People just love to toss that term around. Here is what the Constitution calls "treason".

Article III
Section 3
Clause 1:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

With that said, these particular passages spell out why eminent domain is
wrong:

It's not wrong if the SC says it's ok.... Maybe 'wrong' is not the best word, 'legal' would be better.
Taking someone's home so some business can use the land is sure not right, it's legal but not right!