homestead - Re: [Homestead] An article cheering the Supremes

  • From: C Russell <mtbetter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] An article cheering the Supremes
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 04:05:10 -0700 (PDT)

Marie

I'm not particularly savvy about the high courts, I
admit. If, as these editors suggest, the Court wished
to refuse to second-guess the economic judgments of
city and state legislatures in the eminent domain
matter, would not the justices have declined to hear
the case?

Cathy

--- Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net> wrote:

> As most of you who will read this know, I'm more
> than a little queasy about
> the Supreme's ruling on eminent domain. Just to add
> a bit to the other side
> of the argument, I submit this article (printed in
> full because TNR now has
> most of its material available only to subscribers):
>
> Breyer Restraint
> by the Editors

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com