homestead - Re: [Homestead] An article cheering the Supremes

  • From: "Melody O." <melody AT crecon.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] An article cheering the Supremes
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 17:26:27 -0600

James wrote:
>The very reason we have a constitutional government is so that local
>governments CAN'T decide those things. When a local government forms it
de facto
>agrees to abide by the provisions of the constitutions.

There is truth to both statements.

However, it all really boils down to the point that we will either be ruled
by man, or be ruled by law. If we choose the rule of law, which we should
since that is how our country is set up, then the highest law of the land
is the Constitution, completed with the Amendments.

I understand that in theory we have only the rights that the government
gives us, but in truth the rights that we have are God given and those
rights are simply secured by the Constitution.

When the government creates new law contradictory to the Constitution it is
treason.

When any official is placed in a governmental/political position they vow
to support and uphold the Constitution of the United States and similarly
the military vows to defend the country against any that would thwart the
Constitution both foreign and domestic.

It is the fallacious theory that the government gives us rights, or at
least allows us to enjoy those rights, that is the cause of our government
becoming more and more corrupt. It is our responsibility as citizens to
uphold, support, and defend the Constitution as the highest law of the land
and to give our undeviating support to it and it only. There is no person
nor any position in government that has more authority than the Supreme Law
of the Land.

With that said, these particular passages spell out why eminent domain is
wrong:

Article [IV.]
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and
effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated,
and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or
affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the
persons or things to be seized.

Article [X.]
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor
prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or
to the people.

Article XIV.
Section 1. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the
privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any
State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process
of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection
of the laws.

Best wishes,
Melody