homestead - Re: [Homestead] An article cheering the Supremes

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] An article cheering the Supremes
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 10:07:41 -0700

The thing is that we had more than our fair share of savy lawyers and
retired juriests and folks who had been politically active before. If it
had been the average area Wally World would have had the land, the tax free
loans, the county coffers paying for clean-up, the special funds for
locating in a "repressed" area, the special jobs money, tax dollars paying
for the roads and so on and so forth.

We also had more than our fair share of retired to the area millionaires
that helped finance the ballot issue.

There need to be some basic rules and now making eminent domain a free for
all is one less constitution right than we had before. Little by little
they are all being chipped away at.

Lynda