homestead - Re: [Homestead] An article cheering the Supremes

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] An article cheering the Supremes
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 12:54:12 -0700

Ah geez, I hate agreeing with James <g>

However, the fox is local and I don't want him making decisions about my hen
house. Local politicals have more agendas than the nitwits in the DC
whorehouse. Talk about good ol' boys!

It cost a lot of money to keep Wally World out locally. We had to put it on
the ballot. Why? Because the "locals," as in elected officials, decided
that putting a Wally World on the water front was a good idea. New marina,
new rec center with a gazebo and facilities for Blues on the Bay, other
improvements and they wanted to put in Wally World.

You shouldn't be able to change zoning on a whim, you shouldn't be able to
run folks out of their houses on a whim. And that's all these really are.
Little money greases a palm here and there and things folks have worked hard
for are out the window.

And, that excuse about economy and jobs is a crock. These folks always get
special tax breaks, special this, special that and special the other thing
and it has been shown that the bottomline for cities and counties rarely
change and frequently go down hill.

Lynda