homestead - Re: [Homestead] An article cheering the Supremes

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] An article cheering the Supremes
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 12:53:49 -0700

Being secure in one's personal property is a
constitutional right -- just exactly like the right to freedom of speech, trial by jury, etc.

I distinguish personal rights--speech, religion, trial by jury--as distinct from real property rights. Property is further classed and treated as personal or real. The individual carries personal rights wherever he goes; personal property likewise travels; real property is unique and endemic to a specific physical location and subject to local conditions. Which is why we Realtors say the three conditions of real property value are location, location, location.