homestead - Re: [Homestead] An article cheering the Supremes

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] An article cheering the Supremes
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 10:21:43 -0700

What is "public use" is a matter of local opinion???

I would use determination rather than opinion, and, yes, I think that public use is best judged by local citizens. Who understands local conditions better? Who can better balance the value of current conditions with proposals for change? Surely we can agree that bureaucrats and politicos hundreds or thousands of miles away are less knowledgeable and less sensitive to local conditions.