homestead - RE: [Homestead] Oh my, the sky is falling. Or is it?

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Oh my, the sky is falling. Or is it?
  • Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 19:51:31 -0800

At 4/2/2005 06:35 PM, Marie wrote:
OTOH, if the price of oil jumps up
precipitously, we're going to see unemployment and a rise in prices of
imported goods at the very least. I don't need a lot, but I can't imagine
that high-priced oil will be painless even so.

My understanding is that factory food takes a lot of petroleum to manufacture. If the cost of that petroleum goes up so would the cost of the factory food,
Of course what you grow in your yard will stay the same.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net