homestead - RE: [Homestead] Oh my, the sky is falling. Or is it?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Oh my, the sky is falling. Or is it?
  • Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 17:12:11 -0700

For years I've been enjoying what I have while I have it. There is no other
way to live with reasonable happiness when your life partner has terminal
heart disease.

Sounds to me as if you have taken control of your feelings. Good for you!

Still, I see no joy in a cataclysmic end.

Don't worry about such a thing. The rich will always keep the oil, or its replacement, going to power their lives. That is not to say that the price of using energy will not rise. American gas prices have been kept low for decades. That's why American car makers have lost so much to those other countries where gas was priced higher and cars were designed more intelligently.

As oil becomes depleted, other energy sources will be pushed. Nuclear, solar, wind, tidal energy has tremendous potential. Until the sun goes out, we will always have energy. It's all a matter of market conditions.