homestead - Re: [Homestead] Oh my, the sky is falling. Or is it?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Oh my, the sky is falling. Or is it?
  • Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 21:33:55 -0700

But now that you mention it, indulging in escatology for a moment, suppose the howling mobs do pour out of the cities when the fuel is unavailable. How far do you suppose they are going to make it on foot?

Here you have embraced the essence of my ancient argument--their fear and ignorance would stop them. I don't think that fuel would be the issue; food shortages are more likely, and lack of humane courtesy would end the migration far short of a good homestead location. Intersections would be jammed with insanity.