gmark - Re: Mark 13.30 "tauta panta"& "hey genea"

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: Doug Jantz <dwjantz AT swbell.net>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Mark 13.30 "tauta panta"& "hey genea"
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 07:36:38 -0600

Could the figure of coming in the clouds by Mark refer to a judgment scene?
If
the text is already using figurative, or apocalyptic, language, why would this
be taken as literal? Maybe Mark is writing of judgment on the Jewish nation
by
way of Jerusalem? The figure seems to be similar to others in scripture. Of
course, someone may have said this already since I have not been following
this. If so, please accept my apo;ogies.

Doug

--
Doug

Douglas Jantz
1304 E. Republic Rd. #180
Springfield, Missouri 65804

dwjantz AT swbell.net
<http://home.swbell.net/dwjantz>

begin:vcard
n:Jantz;Douglas
tel;cell:417.353.2500
tel;fax:417.886.0450
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://home.swbell.net/dwjantz
org:Chemsearch
adr:;;1304 E. Republic Rd. #180;Springfield;Missouri;65804;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:dwjantz AT swbell.net
title:Sales Representative
fn:Douglas Jantz