gmark - Re: Mark 13.30 "tauta panta"& "hey genea"

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: Doug Jantz <dwjantz AT swbell.net>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Mark 13.30 "tauta panta"& "hey genea"
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 19:12:59 -0600

HStaiti AT aol.com wrote:

> Doug,
>
> If we were to accept the apocalyptic images of 24-27 as the destruction of
> Jerusalem, how then are we to interpret his statement of the angels
> gathering
> up the elect?

Who was saved when the desolation came?

Doug

> In a message dated 1/3/01 8:55:47 AM SA Pacific Standard Time,
> dwjantz AT swbell.net writes:
>

> > Could the figure of coming in the clouds by Mark refer to a judgment
> > scene? If
> > the text is already using figurative, or apocalyptic, language, why would
> > this
> > be taken as literal? Maybe Mark is writing of judgment on the Jewish
> nation
> > by
> > way of Jerusalem? The figure seems to be similar to others in scripture.
> > Of
> > course, someone may have said this already since I have not been
> > following
> > this. If so, please accept my apo;ogies.
>
> Peace to you,
> Harry Staiti

Doug

P.S. If you have not yet signed the guestbook on my website please do so.
When
you do please include where you are from!! See below for my hyperlink.

**If you are receiving my Success Motivator email Monday through Friday and
want
to be taken off simply email me and let me know. Please feel free to forward
anyone else. If you have friends who want to be added let me know! Thank
you!

Douglas Jantz
1304 E. Republic Rd. #180
Springfield, Missouri 65804

dwjantz AT swbell.net
<http://home.swbell.net/dwjantz>

begin:vcard
n:Jantz;Douglas
tel;cell:417.353.2500
tel;fax:417.886.0450
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://home.swbell.net/dwjantz
org:Chemsearch
adr:;;1304 E. Republic Rd. #180;Springfield;Missouri;65804;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:dwjantz AT swbell.net
title:Sales Representative
fn:Douglas Jantz