gmark - Re: Mark 13.30 "tauta panta"& "hey genea"

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: HStaiti AT aol.com
  • To: gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Mark 13.30 "tauta panta"& "hey genea"
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 11:01:52 EST

Doug,

If we were to accept the apocalyptic images of 24-27 as the destruction of
Jerusalem, how then are we to interpret his statement of the angels gathering
up the elect?

In a message dated 1/3/01 8:55:47 AM SA Pacific Standard Time,
dwjantz AT swbell.net writes:

> Could the figure of coming in the clouds by Mark refer to a judgment
> scene? If
> the text is already using figurative, or apocalyptic, language, why would
> this
> be taken as literal? Maybe Mark is writing of judgment on the Jewish
nation
> by
> way of Jerusalem? The figure seems to be similar to others in scripture.
> Of
> course, someone may have said this already since I have not been following
> this. If so, please accept my apo;ogies.

Peace to you,
Harry Staiti
Evangel Assembly of God
"A Life-Giving Church"