gmark - Re: gmark digest: January 02, 2001

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: Steve Black <sblack AT axionet.com>
  • To: "Kata Markon" <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: gmark digest: January 02, 2001
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 05:52:11 -0800

Title: Re: gmark digest: January 02, 2001
I think the ,most natural reading of "This generation" is to those people living at the same time as Jesus. I believe this is the consensus of most scholars. The only reason, I think, we would even hesitate with it is because it presents us with a tradition that basically has Jesus making a mistake. So perhaps the real issue isn't one of hermeneutics at much as it is an issue of christology.

Peace