freetds - Re: How to compile SQSH with FreeTDS .60?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: How to compile SQSH with FreeTDS .60?
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 13:31:00 -0500

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 10:57:20AM -0700, Jay Sauls wrote:
> When I run ./configure for FreeTDS, do I need to specify either the
> --enable-msdblib or --enable-sybase-compat flags to make this work?

> Right now, the only flag I'm passing to ./configure is --with-ssl

> Thanks to everyone for your help on this....

This is the only flag you should need. The other flags affect the
FreeTDS ABI, and if you needed them you would know soon enough because
sqsh would complain about missing symbols.

Unfortunately, I still haven't seen your original message come through
the mailing list. Can you repost the errors you're seeing? I can't help
but think the solution would be really obvious if I could just see the
sqsh output... :)

> As a side note, the Samba standard for usernames is even more confusing:
> It's actually username/domain (not domain/username as you mentioned).

> That particular idiosyncrasy has driven me nearly insane on more than
> one instance....

I'm not sure where you've encountered this usage. I've never seen domain
names and usernames concatenated in Samba at all, except by winbind,
which has its own syntax.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer