freetds - Re: How to compile SQSH with FreeTDS .60?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: jaysauls AT hotmail.com
  • Subject: Re: How to compile SQSH with FreeTDS .60?
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 21:39:05 -0400

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 15:29:59 -0700, "Jay Sauls" <jaysauls AT hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Next problem, which is probably off topic for this list, but I don't
> know who else to ask: now that I've got sqsh successfully compiled, I
> can't figure out how to get it to do integrated auth. I've tried using
> the -X option to no avail.

Not OT at all, Jay, a FreeTDS question. There might be some details (or
bugs), but what you're doing should work.

sqsh works with any flavor of the TDS protocol or server. No limitation
there. Also you don't need -X because all the domain login work is done
by FreeTDS (and associated libraries).

I suggest you try connecting with tsql first, to make sure you have your
freetds.conf set up correctly. If tsql works and sqsh doesn't, we'll have
some serious troubleshooting to do.

It's important that $SYBASE was set correctly when you compiled and linked
sqsh, so that it finds the right FreeTDS libraries.

HTH.