freetds - Re: How to compile SQSH with FreeTDS .60?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: How to compile SQSH with FreeTDS .60?
  • Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 15:55:26 -0500

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 04:44:29PM -0400, James K. Lowden wrote:

> Mail was out since Friday until a few hours ago. Don't know if it's
> related, but WorldCom had a major outage on Thursday.
> http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/siliconvalley/4207395.htm I think not a
> few networks got rejiggered as a consequence.

Ah, fun. Well, the WorldCom outage really shouldn't have affected
mailing list traffic after the BGP routes were straightened out, but you
never know, I guess.

> > Nope, I used sqsh for testing when decoupling FreeTDS from OpenSSL.
> > Domain logons have definitely been tested with CT-Lib, and work quite
> > well for me:

> So, our advice to Jay would be to fetch the latest snapshot and try again.

Actually, my advice would be to use the 0.60.1 release. The last time I
tried to run sqsh against CVS, I had problems related to not being able
to install message callbacks. Dunno if this is fixed yet, but I at
least know that domain logins are in working order in the *released*
version. :)

BTW, James -- I think your comment about Steve Ballmer ought to be
posted somewhere on the freetds.org website... :)

Cheers,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer