freetds - Re: How to compile SQSH with FreeTDS .60?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James K. Lowden <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: How to compile SQSH with FreeTDS .60?
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 21:57:54 -0400

Hello again Jay,

On Mon, 07 Oct 2002 16:27:59 -0700, "Jay Sauls" <jaysauls AT hotmail.com>
wrote:
> out of desperation, I set
>
> export FREETDSCONF=/usr/local/etc/freetds.conf

That shouldn't happen. You shouldn't *need* FREETDSCONF, and its absence
should result in a segment violation when you use TDSDUMPCONFIG.

Could you please apply the attached patch and see if you still get a
segfault when FREETDSCONF is not set? It might fix the segfault, and it
will make the TDSDUMPCONFIG more vocal.

This line is very peculiar in your log:

2002-10-07 16:23:17 Found conf file in (from $FREETDSCONF). Reading
section jayssql.
^^ in what?

That contents of FREETDSCONF should appear after "Found conf file in". My
patch (already committed in cvs) should make that explicit.

I have attached the TDSDUMPCONFIG output, too, for the following
successful connection:

sqsh -S JDBC -U guest -P sybase

That's *not* a domain login of course, but can you reproduce it? I'd like
to make sure we're chasing:

* domain login
* from sqsh

and that every other combination works.

Gads. I really should take up knitting or something.