corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Hebrews and Adam Christology

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Bob MacDonald <bobmacdonald AT shaw.ca>
  • To: 'Corpus-Paul' <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Hebrews and Adam Christology
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 18:14:06 -0700

Title: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Hebrews and Adam Christology

The first question would be, where do you find Adam used typologically in Hebrews?

It is a large question – and sorry to leave it immediately unanswered. I find Adam alluded to, not necessarily typologically. As Don stated, one would begin with the use of Psalm 8 (and 110) inviting direct comparisons with 1 Corinthians 22-28. One could muse in the modern world on what is subject to the human; a very timely interpretation of the Genesis ‘dominion’ concept in these days when the earth seems indeed out of our control.

I know there are more items from this beginning. I don’t feel qualified at the moment (if ever) to actually begin.

Bob

Bob MacDonald

Victoria BC

http://gx.ca