corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Hebrews and Adam Christology

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Edgar Krentz <ekrentz AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Hebrews and Adam Christology
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 11:31:26 -0500

Title: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Hebrews and Adam Christology
At 9:06 AM -0700 4/3/06, Bob MacDonald wrote:
I don't recall reading a study on the completion/perfection axis in Hebrews which explicitly compares Jesus to Adam - like Paul does in Romans and 1 Corinthians. Has anyone done such a study? It seems to me it would bear fruit. Thesis: in contrast to Adam, finally someone achieved what God intended for humanity and we therefore are no longer subject to angelic powers.

Bob

Bob MacDonald
Victoria BC
http://gx.ca
http://bmd.gx.ca

The first question would be, where do you find Adam used typologically in Hebrews? It is explicit in Paul. Adam is omitted in Hebrews 11, which goes from creation to Abel, then jumps to Enoch.

Ed Krentz

--
Ed & Becky Krentz