corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Hebrews and Adam Christology

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Don Garlington <dongarlington AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Hebrews and Adam Christology
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 12:29:58 -0700 (PDT)

Bob,

I quite agree that a project on Jesus as Adam in
Hebrews is worth pursuing. Actually, in my own
post-grad work, I began a potential thesis with an
exegesis of 2:5-9 (now lost). That passage, of course,
ties into Psalm 8, which in turn echos Adam's creation
as God's "glory and honor." Additionally, the
designation of Christ as God's _charakter_ (1:3) is an
image term. The motif could also be connected with
Jesus' suffering obedience (5:7-10) as the one who
made his own trek through the wilderness (chaps. 3-4).
A comparison with the Synoptic temptation accounts
would then be in order, where the Adam theology looms
so large.

If you pick up on any resources, I would appreciate
knowing.

Regards,

Don