corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Did Paul break the Law?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Did Paul break the Law?
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:02:00 -0500

Edgar Krentz wrote:

Thanks, Mark. I think that your reply supports my
point Romans, Galatians and 2 Corinthians are written
to communities with Jewish people in the mix. 1
Corinthians is more of a problem for me.

But 1 Thessalonians, Philippians and Philemon do not
use OT materials. Hence my point in the first post.
Paul does use the Torah when it is a compelling
argument, does not in other circumst ances. Ed Krentz

Thanks very much for this Ed, it's very insightful. As always, I might add.

Best

Jim

--
Jim West, ThD