corpus-paul - RE: [Corpus-Paul] Did Paul break the Law?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Bob MacDonald <bobmacdonald AT shaw.ca>
  • To: 'Corpus-Paul' <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Corpus-Paul] Did Paul break the Law?
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 09:24:26 -0800

Dear Mark

Thank you for your rebuke.

One brief response for now. It would be good to trace the
meaning of Sabbath and the seventh day in the old and new
faith - for Sabbath is a blessing, but I as a Christian do
not observe it. John's Gospel seems to imply that the 7th
day was still to be completed. Nonetheless I would have
nothing to speak of the completion of God's work if I did
not have the first Sabbath as base. If our times are to be
observed as causative at all, I think it is safe to say that
without Torah there would be no Gospel.

One day I went to Synagogue, having just finished picking up
sticks from a storm the night before - well, guess what the
lesson was that morning. Maybe the same God was showing me
both the endless Sabbath in Christ and its real image in the
Torah that I was not under obligation to observe.

In the spirit of Romans, I trust we will continue to welcome
one another.

I wonder what responses Paul got to the Galatian letter...

Bob

Bob MacDonald
http://bobmacdonald.gx.ca
Victoria, B.C., Canada