corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Did Paul break the Law?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Mark D. Nanos" <nanosmd AT comcast.net>
  • To: Corpus Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Did Paul break the Law?
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:30:46 -0600

Edgar,
In Rom 11:13 Paul writes that he is "speaking to you Gentiles" as "the
apostle to the Gentiles," and proceeds to cite Scripture to legitimate his
arguments. In Gal 4:8 and elsewhere he writes to those who formerly
worshiped idols and who are not circumcised or Torah-people, and proceeds to
cite Scripture to legitimate his arguments. In 1 Cor 8--10 he writes to
people who formerly thought that idols were gods and ate idol food, and
cites Scripture to legitimate his arguments. So I do not see how the point
you suggest in your short submission works in this case.

Regards,
Mark
--
Mark D. Nanos, Ph.D.