corpus-paul - [Corpus-Paul] Answer for Martin Eldred

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Loren Rosson <rossoiii AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Corpus-Paul] Answer for Martin Eldred
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 13:23:15 -0800 (PST)

Paul, an apostle of Christ by the will of God, and
Timothy our brother.

To the church of Corpus Paulinum.

Concerning the matter about which Martin Eldred wrote:

>Was Peter really a jerk that you could not get
>along with, or merely a brother with whom you
>had, at time, brotherly spats?

We do not want you to be unaware, brothers, of Cephas'
tragic martyrdom last year, and ask that you join us
in laying siege to heaven with prayers for his
salvation. Cephas was among the first chosen by the
grace of Christ, and I respect that as far as it goes.
As I said in my last letter (sent with greetings from
Richard Fellows), "the Jerusalem apostles and I [had
and have] a mutual respect for each other". He was
entrusted with the gospel for the circumcised, and ate
and drank according to our own customs which is right
and holy. But that was no excuse for his hypocrisy at
Antioch, and for shaming those Gentiles whom we know
to be set free from the law by Christ's death. He
deserved to be shamed in turn, and I would say the
same thing to anyone again if I had to. Kindly
remember, however, that hypocrisy is not heresy.
Cephas was indeed a brother in Christ, and just
recently persecuted for the cross. I miss him sorely.

The infidel Loren Rosson greets you. May God have
mercy on his soul.

I, Paul, type this greeting with my own hand. Let
anyone be accursed who has no love for the Lord. The
grace of the Lord Jesus be with all of you.