corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Galatians Commentary (Greek)

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Zeba Crook <zcrook AT connect.carleton.ca>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Galatians Commentary (Greek)
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:43:09 -0500

Steve Black wrote:
I am just starting an intermediate Greek course where we will be looking at Galatians
and I would like to know what commentaries anyone "out there" might recommend that
deals closely with the Greek text.
I think that Burton's ICC on Galatians is still the best commentary that deals with the Greek text.  Of course, so does Betz's, but his overall approach is less philological than rhetorical.

Cheers,

Zeb
--
New Page 1

Zeba A. Crook

Assistant Professor, Religion and Classics

Carleton University

1125 Colonel By Drive

Ottawa, Ontario

Canada K1S 5B6