corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Did Paul preach in synagogues?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Steve Black <sdblack AT telus.net>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Did Paul preach in synagogues?
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 23:53:50 -0800

On Tuesday, January 6, 2004, at 10:07 PM, Richard Fellows wrote:

Frank Hughes wrote:
<<Hey, I thought these were questions for Paul, not for the writer of Acts!

I got the idea from Galatians 1:16, where Paul says that the purpose of God's revelation to him of Jesus was "that I might proclaim him among the Gentiles.">>
Frank, the points that I raised are all either from Paul, or at least supported by Paul's letters. In any case, the evidence does not permit us to dismiss Acts lightly.

Hi Richard,

I'm curious what is the "evidence" that you are thinking of that "does not permit us to dismiss Acts (presumably as a source of reliable history?) lightly"?

Steve Black
Vancouver School of Theology
Vancouver, BC
Canada