corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Answer for Martin Eldred

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Answer for Martin Eldred
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 16:43:25 -0500

At 01:23 PM 1/4/04 -0800, you wrote:

>To the church of Corpus Paulinum.

I didn't know were were a Church. I thought perhaps a synagogue.

>We do not want you to be unaware, brothers, of Cephas'
>tragic martyrdom last year, and ask that you join us
>in laying siege to heaven with prayers for his
>salvation.

Paul I am a tad astonished that you believe that once someone is dead they
get some sort of second go at salvation. Either Peter was or wasn't allowed
beyond those pearly gates (as we down here like to call them). After all,
didn't one of your cohorts (Apollos I think) write to the Hebrews, "It is
man's place to die once and then the judgment". Further, honored
(decomposing composer of significant literature) sir, is it really possible
to lay seige to heaven at all? If God is for us, what can be against us....
those are your words and they suggest that nothing prevails against God's
design.

> He (Cephas)
>deserved to be shamed in turn, and I would say the
>same thing to anyone again if I had to.

This too seems a bit out of character for the fellow who penned, "love is
patient, kind, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things,
endures all things". You dont seem to be enduring disagreement very well.
Didn't you ever learn to disagree without being disagreeable? And while we
are on that topic, why on earth did your travel partners find you so
unpleasant that not a single one of them went on more than one trip with
you? (And Mark didn't even make it that long).

>The infidel Loren Rosson greets you. May God have
>mercy on his soul.

Paul! Loren is no infidel. He's just confused, but in all honesty, you
should be blamed for that. You are one confusing, complex, contradictory
fellow.

>I, Paul, type this greeting with my own hand. Let
>anyone be accursed who has no love for the Lord. The

There you go with that cursing again. What happened to love....

yours sincerely,

Jim

Dr Jim West
Pastor, Petros Baptist Church
http://biblical-studies.org -- Biblical Studies Resources
http://biblical-studies.blogspot.com --- Biblical Theology Weblog

Bad exegesis is no less worse than bad conduct.
Tertullian, On Purity