corpus-paul - RE: [Corpus-Paul] Questions for Paul

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "David C. Hindley" <dhindley AT compuserve.com>
  • To: "Corpus-Paul" <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Corpus-Paul] Questions for Paul
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 15:50:44 -0500

Jeffrey asks:

>>Imagine if you will (please forgive me, Rod Serling) that

(a) we had the mid 60's CE Paul before us for an hour or two and that

(b) we were able to make ourselves understood by him, and that

(c) he had agreed to answer anything about himself, his career, his beliefs,
and his writings about which we might be inclined to inquire,.

what questions would you put to him?

Let's limit this to your top five.<<

You'd really have to formulate a set of questions, only some of which will
actually be asked depending upon responses to prior questions.

But, if I had to formulate something, they would be from the perspective of
Nero:

1) "On what charges were you indicted?"

2) "Are you a Jew?"
a) If yes: "Why appeal to me, you Jews have your own courts?"
b) If no: "Why are you so keen to foster closer Jewish-Gentile
relations?"

3) Are they true?
a) If yes: "Why did you appeal to me then? What is your agenda?"
b) If no: "What circumstances brought you to here (i.e., prison) on
these
charges?"
1) "How do you explain them if they are false?"

4) What do you know of this Jesus fellow, the one called "Christ?"
a) If nothing: "Why are we going through this imaginary
question-answer
scenario?"
b) If something: "What do you mean by 'my' gospel?"

5) How much wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Respectfully,

Dave Hindley
Cleveland, Ohio, USA