corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Questions for Paul

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Loren Rosson <rossoiii AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Questions for Paul
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 09:26:07 -0800 (PST)

Hey Paul --

I got five questions for you that won't wait:

1. You wrote this letter to the Romans about 7-9 years
ago. Do you still maintain that Israel will eventually
be saved on account of jealousy of the success of your
missionary activity among the pagans? For that matter,
do you still believe that Israel will be saved?

2. Please clarify what you meant when you said to the
Corinthians that "flesh and blood would not inherit
the kingdom of God".

3. Now as I examine two of your letters closely, I
notice something peculiar. You called the Roman Jews
"weak in faith", while emphasizing that they were not
weak in practice or conscience -- that they should be
fully convinced in their own minds what constitutes a
proper diet, "abstain from meat in honor of God", etc.
But in I Cor 8:1-13 you imply the opposite -- that
people "who think of food they eat as food offered to
an idol" have "weak" and "defiled" consciences. Please
explain why one group is weak in faith (but not
conscience) while the other is weak in conscience (but
not faith?). For that matter, clarify the audiences of
the two letters.

4. Do you believe that homosexuality is as bad as
temple prostitution and pederastry?

5. Fess up -- the collection which you so
altruistically maintain that you were "eager" to take
up actually galled and chafed you at first, didn't it?
The pillars were stongarming you, no?

Thanks for your time, dude.

Loren Rosson III
Nashua NH