corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Galatians Commentary (Greek)

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Frank W. Hughes" <fwhughes AT sunbeach.net>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Galatians Commentary (Greek)
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:41:15 -0400

I have just finished leading an M.A. seminar on Galatians. I have enjoyed and learned a great deal working with the commentaries of J. B. Lightfoot, H. D. Betz, R. N. Longenecker, E. D. Burton, and J. L. Martyn. Probably on the Greek text I would look closely at J. B. Lightfoot (reprinted by Hendrickson), H. D. Betz, R. N. Longenecker, and E. D. Burton, with emphasis on Lightfoot and Burton. Ernest DeWitt Burton was also a very careful student of Greek grammar.

With every good wish,
Frank W. Hughes
Codrington College
Barbados